The default language of CartBounty is English, however it is fully translation ready. In this article you will learn how to edit, replace or translate CartBounty strings, translate abandoned cart recovery emails and make sure your visitors are welcomed in a language they are familiar with.
There are a couple of ways to translate WordPress plugins, but we will focus on the following ones:
1. Basic string changes
If you are running a store with just one language or would like to replace some of the strings in CartBounty (e.g. “Complete checkout” button name to “Restore cart”), you can use one of these methods:
- A free plugin like Say what which allows to easily and quickly translate necessary strings or replace them
- Use CartBounty hooks or CartBounty templates to translate or replace strings
2. Translations for a multilingual store
In case you have a store with multiple languages, the best option to translate CartBounty is to use a plugin like WPML or Loco translate. Both of these plugins allow adding translations in multiple languages by scanning plugin files for strings and providing an easy interface to translate them. Besides that, these plugins allow to import translation files to make the translation process quicker and smoother.
Import existing translations
You can use existing translations that have been submitted by other CartBounty users and import them in the WPML or Loco translate to speed up the process of translating. Please follow these steps to see if any translations are available and import them:
- Go to CartBounty translations
- Check if the language you are looking for has at least some translations available
- Open language of the translations you would like to download
- Go to Stable (latest release) translations
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Export”
- Save the .po translation file on your device
Now you have the translations and can import them in your store. Here is a guide on how to import translations in Loco translate.
Translate abandoned cart recovery emails
CartBounty is fully compatible and able to send abandoned cart recovery emails according to the language of the abandoned cart user. If you are looking to do this, please make sure you do not enter any content in WordPress recovery input fields (.e.g., Subject, Main title, etc. – they should remain empty).
After this, please go to your translation plugin, e.g. WPML or Loco translate and translate strings that are used in the abandoned cart reminders.
Contribute your translations
If you would like to contribute and make CartBounty available in your language, please visit our translation page, select your language and start translating.
You might also be interested in this topic: